Dear Readers, after the success of last week’s quiz I wanted to try out something else new. Can you tell me which of the items in each of these lists is the odd one out? I will give one point for the correct selection, and another point for the correct reason. Plus, if you can persuade me that there is a different ‘odd one out’ from the one I’ve chosen I will probably give you a mark for that too. In short, I am making life difficult for myself, as usual.
I will unapprove answers when I see them in the comments, so that they don’t influence later posters, but I would still write your answers down on a piece of paper first if I was you. The dreaded Year End is still on and so I am not paying quite as much attention to you lovely people as I would like.
All answers submitted by 5 p.m. UK time on Thursday 28th January please, answers will be revealed on Friday 29th January.
What is the Odd One Out?
- Large Emerald, Yellow Underwing, Oak Beauty, Marbled White?
- Cedar of Lebanon, Swamp Cypress, Juniper, Scots Pine?
- Greater Burdock, Cornflower, Star of Bethlehem, Dandelion?
- Willow Warbler, Fieldfare, Waxwing, Brambling?
- Fly Agaric, Destroying Angel, Panther Cap, Amethyst Deceiver?
- Slow Worm, Grass Snake, Smooth Snake, Adder?
- Alpine Chough, Raven, Ring Ouzel, Jackdaw?
- Ivy Bee, Hairy-Footed Flower Bee, Shrill Carder Bee, Tawny Mining Bee?
- Lesser Celandine, Wood Anemone, Winter Aconite, Meadow Buttercup
- Chinese Water Deer, Fallow Deer, Roe Deer, Reeve’s Muntjac.