Dear Readers, what a tightly-fought quiz this was! First up, welcome and well done to Oneforestfragment, who got 9/10 for which plant was poisonous and which one wasn’t. Then, for those who also named the plants, we have Mike at Alittlebitoutoffocus with 24.5 out of 30, Claire with 25/30, FEARN with 27 out of 30 and Fran and Bobby Freelove the winners this week with 28 out of 30, so well done everyone! What I’ve done is to give one point for identifying the photo of the poisonous plant, and then one point for identifying each of the plants. In two cases it turns out that both plants are poisonous to some extent or another, so for fairness I’ve given you a mark which ever one you chose.
- Which of these berries is poisonous, a) or b)?
2) Beautiful fungi, but which can you eat and which will kill you?
3) Two pretty yellow shrubs, but which one could make you sorry that you ever saw it?
4) Bulbs, eh. But which one wouldn’t you want to mistake for an onion?
5) One of these is edible. One of them will kill you. But can you tell which is which?
6) Common in gardens, but rare in the wild. One of these is sometimes known as the most poisonous wild plant in Britain, but which one?
7) Lovely green leaves, but which are edible?
8) Pretty as a picture, but which one is poisonous?
9) Even some of our commonest weeds are poisonous, but which ones?
10) And finally, it’s sometimes the sap that will harm you, especially if you get it in your eye. Always be extra careful after handling which of these plants?